ICES McMaster is a health services research facility that provides researchers and trainees with access to over 80 health-related database holdings that can be linked for a comprehensive overview of health care delivery and outcomes in Ontario. Some health service databases include the entire Ontario population eligible for universal health coverage – 13 million people annually. The breadth and scope of ICES data is a resource for population-based evidence to inform health policy, planning and evaluation. ICES McMaster is a joint collaboration of ICES and McMaster University, with its academic hospitals, Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph’s Health Care Hamilton.
ICES McMaster is part of the wider ICES network, which consists of over 500 scientists, staff and trainees, located across 6 sites in Ontario: the central site at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto (est. 1992) and five satellite locations at: McMaster and Queen’s University, and the Universities of Ottawa, Toronto and Western Ontario.
Visit the ICES website for information on becoming an ICES Scientist or trainee and on our available data holdings.
ICES McMaster will be the regional nidus for multidisciplinary, collaborative and cutting-edge health services and policy research that aims to improve health and health care in Ontario.
To grow our regional health services research capacity and improve health and health care by attracting and supporting leading researchers and trainees, advancing scientific careers, increasing training opportunities and increasing new research investments across McMaster University, Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Research analytic services for approved and funded projects
- Graduate student, clinical & junior investigator training support
- Educational workshops & seminars
- Mentorship to become ICES Scientists
- Pre-grant review and approval, including a letter of support and quote for services
- Linkage with clinical & other external data
- Over 80 database holdings: physician billings, hospital and emergency department visits, prescription drug claims (age 65+), special registries and collections, population-based surveys and more.
- Wide range of topics & disciplines: drug safety &effectiveness, health system performance, mental health & addictions, population health, primary care, surgery & transplantation and chronic diseases.
- Many knowledge users: hospitals, local, national and global governments, planners and practitioners.
WAYS TO ACCESS ICES DATA
- Become an ICES scientist
- Collaborate with an ICES scientist
- Become an ICES post-doctoral trainee, fellow or student
- Submit data request through Data & Analytic Services
Tim Miuccio, Finance and Administration Manager
Phone: (905) 525-9140 x 22030